WE Moved!

We are so happy to finally have a permanent home at
Www.Findingshangrila.com
Please visit our new sight for more Caribbean island fun facts.

The good old U.S.VI?

The United States Virginia islands. U.S. V.I.

The U.S. V.I. is made up of three main islands.
 St. Thomas the main island has more of a city life feel than the other two. It is known as the gateway to the Virginia islands.  The cost of living in St. Thomas is cheaper than the other two islands because its where all the ships and plains come into. It's capital Charlottesville Amalie is a busy cruise ship port. Places to see include Blackbeard's Castle, Fort Christian and Paradise Point.  You can spend your day out sight seeing or shopping at the Havensight mall and the many other duty free shops. There are guided snorkeling trips and plenty of beaches to relax on. Life here is a little more hustle and bustle than the other two islands which is why it's not the island for me. Just to the south of St. Thomas is a small island called Water island. I found a 1 acre lot for $225,000. This piece of land could work for me.
 St. John is the closet to St. Thomas. The cost of living is little higher here. St. John is the smallest of the three but makes up for it in natural beauty. With countless snorkeling spots and pristine beaches it's my personal favorite.  Beach front property under 300k is hard to find. In fact as of right now the cheapest I can find on St. John is 695k us dollars. There is a 2 bedroom 2.5 bath home on the 0.5 acre property for sale but man that's way out of my price range. For 895k you can get a 1 acre lot in an upscale neighborhood ready to be built on.  If I had the money it would be a breathtaking property.  If you don't mind having just a view and no waterfront there are 23 homes for sale under 290k us dollars. Unfortunately, my dream includes waking up and greeting the day with a cup of coffee in hand and my toes in the water. So that brings me to St.  Croix
 St. Croix is the largest of the three but the furthest away from St.  Thomas. Because everything has to be flown or ferried from St. Thomas it's cost of living is the highest. Things like groceries and gasoline will cost a little more. As far as life style, my opinion is that St. Croix is a mix between St. Thomas and St. John. There are two main cities on the island Christiansted, and Frederiksted. Kinghill is a settlement kind in the middle of the island and home to the University of the Virgin islands. There is also a lot of national park area and nature reserves. Unspoiled land in all its beauty. It's just what I've been looking for. I've been able to find some smaller beachfront properties for under 350k. The draw back is that most of them are in residential areas and in order for me to make my dream work I'm also looking for somewhere I can start a business. I'm going to have to have some sort of income. The money form the sale of my house in Michigan isn't going to last for long.  In fact with these prices it won't even make a dent in the purchasing of property.  I need to take a look at what types of things I could do for income.



Get Your I Like It Tropical T-Shirts Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dominica

Dominica also known as nature island is a sovereign island country. Originally ruled by the French untill 1963 and then Great Briainn. At w...