WE Moved!

We are so happy to finally have a permanent home at
Www.Findingshangrila.com
Please visit our new sight for more Caribbean island fun facts.

California

As a child I dreamt of being a beach babe. You know, the ones the beach boys sang about. Big wavy hair, tiny bikini's and perfectly tan bodies.  I wanted to spend my days sunning on the beach, drink in hand, watching my man surf and maybe even trying to catch a wave myself. In the evenings we would start a fire on the beach surrounded by other beautifully tanned beach babes and surfers and life would be one endless relaxing day at the beach.  Sounds great right?  I planned to head to California as soon as turned 18 and never look back. Even back then I knew I didn't want to spend the rest of my life in this frozen tundra.  Fast forward 22 years and here I am still chilled to the bone a minimum of 6 months out of the year. What happened?  Well, life happened!  I started working in a bakery and I  loved it. I had found my calling, a baker for life i would be. I met a man, got married, had children, got divorced  (he wasn't the right man for me) and continued to bake.  During which time all the excesses of why I couldn't leave started to pile up and an avalanche of "can'ts" crashed over me. Those excuses are what hold us back. They stop us from living, from being who we want to be or even who we should be in order to be the best we can be as an individual.




So, here we are. In my 40's and back to the California  dream, minus the big hair and little bikini. I could still have the relaxing beach life just a little more conservative.  With California comes a lot of options. Do I live up in the hills or down on the beach. The northern part of California or the south? San Francisco is known for its great sour dough bread, maybe I should consider opening a bakery there. You have Hollywood  where the actors are but I'm not an actor and although it would be cool to mingle with the celeb's I don't think it's where I should be. How about Napa Valley?  I found this beautiful Vineyard for sale.  Correction a gorgeous,  breathtakingly beautiful Vineyard for sale with mature vines, lavender,  olive trees, everything you could hope for in a Vineyard and more. The home it's self styled after a villa in Tuscany.  Only 5.9 million. What? That's crazy? Well unless it produces enough wine to pay the bills then maybe. I'm sure it does but who would give me a loan for that amount? Especially when I don't know the first thing about making wine or lavender or even olive trees. Guess I have to cross the dream of swirling my wine around in my glass and saying things like "nice bouquet " off my list of places to buy. On to the next.


   
   
   
   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dominica

Dominica also known as nature island is a sovereign island country. Originally ruled by the French untill 1963 and then Great Briainn. At w...