WE Moved!

We are so happy to finally have a permanent home at
Www.Findingshangrila.com
Please visit our new sight for more Caribbean island fun facts.

On the heels of Irma and Maria


When I first started my research Irma hadn't struck yet. By the time I figured out I wanted to move to a Carabbian island, Irma had struck the Virgin islands and Florida as well as many other islands and main lands. My oldest boy is in Florida attending college. For those few days my focus  was on all of Florida.  I set my phone's weather app to my son's location and kept checking it day and night until the storm had passed and I knew he would be okay.  By the time Maria came along I had my heart set on St. Croix.. St.  Croix had been fortunate with Irma but was about to be hit by Maria and tremendously impacted. I don't know anyone (other than the man I spoke to on the phone) in St.  Croix but I felt connected to them. I felt like my someday home was in danger and there was nothing I could do to help the people that I will hopefully call my friends one day. My heart went out to all of them.
 A lot of people around here say things like " I would rather have my face Freeze when I step outside than go through a hurricane!" or "I would take a blizzard over a tropical storm in a heartbeat?" but I don't feel that way. I know that hurricanes are devastating and until I actually go through one I won't know how scary they can be but to me it's worth it to live in a place of paradise. They call me crazy and tell me that if I snowboarded I would enjoy winter more but I'm cold all the time. I don't see how going out into the white stuff could make me less cold. I start getting goosebumps at about 70 degrees. I rarely swim in our smaller lakes because the water is usually to cold and I never go into Lake Michigan. It's like taking an ice bath even in the middle of July.  Now you will see plenty of people out there in the summer enjoying the great lakes, splashing around on the beaches and tubing behind boats, but not me. When my family goes tubing down the Plate river I don't use a traditional tube, I look for loungers that keep me up out of the water. I am honestly miserable about 320 days a year. I'm ready to brave a hurricane to hopefully have 320 good
days a year.


Here is a link to the Red Cross donation site. If your able to help please do. Even a dollar makes a difference.
https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation

If you enjoyed this post or found it helpful please share or comment.







   



   
   

   

   
Get Your I Like It Tropical T-Shirts Here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dominica

Dominica also known as nature island is a sovereign island country. Originally ruled by the French untill 1963 and then Great Briainn. At w...